The Social Justice Committee has been very active with the various drives we’ve been heading up! Your contributions have been heartwarming and much appreciated by the recipients!
1. Just One More Thing… Each month the Helping Hands Food Pantry determine which items they need most. This month we are collecting Apple Juice, Dry Soup, and White Rice to be donated to the food pantry. We will be accepting donations through July 21st. Any questions feel free to contact Jamie Steinberg.
2. If you prefer to make a monetary donation for the food pantry, Women of Kol Dorot is still selling supermarket gift cards. The gift cards can be donated to the food bank while supporting WKD. Please contact Joan Cooper for more information on the gift cards.
3. The National Council of Jewish Women is still accepting gently used spring clothes to sell in their thrift shop. All items must be in good condition, clean and put into plastic bags. Any questions, please contact Janis Kronenberg. This collection is on-going.
4. Family Promise is looking for volunteers, 18 or older (without compromising health conditions), to help with their Walk-In Dinner Program. They have specific dates where they need help and volunteers must sign-up in advance. Anyone who would like more information on this can contact Denyse DelDotto or Margo Heller of Family Promise.
5. Lastly, because of your generosity, we were able to donate 3 boxes of educational toys and supplies to the Greater Bergen Community Action. These donations will be used at their Head Start programs in Passaic and Bergen Counties. The Amazon Wish List will remain active and will be updated to include additional items they may need. You can access the list here. The items are shipped directly to Jamie Steinberg, who will deliver them to the GBCA offices. Feel free to contact her with any questions you may have about this program and all the member addresses you can drop off your donations.
Thank you for your support!!